My love for kale really only began a short time ago. I’ve been trying to experiment with different salads and kale chips but this one has got to be one of my favorites (and a really easy one too!). It’s a go-to for lunches at work because its light enough that you’re not weighed down all day, but the fruit and nut medley keeps you full and energized through the end of the day.
- 1 cup of either kale or a kale salad mix
- 1/3 cup fresh fruit medley
I found it works best with green grapes, raspberries, strawberries, cherries, green apples, blueberries, or pineapple (but feel free to experiment around and see what works well for you).
- 2 tablespoons roasted nut mix
I use 1 tablespoon each of roasted pistachios and almonds.
- 2 tablespoons of dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon of agave nectar
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Chop up the kale (or kale salad) to your desired size, getting rid of the stems.
- Chop up and add in your fruit medley
- Toss in the nuts (either whole or you can chop those up as well)
- Add in the dried cranberry
- Mix together the lemon juice, agave nectar, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper as your dressing.
- Toss that in as well and enjoy!